Thursday, July 14, 2005

Catching Up

Hello again! I am trying to think of where I left off last. I think it was with the entertainment around here. It isn’t bad for a war zone I guess. We could move on to the stupid rules portion of this but I don’t think there is enough time for that. I will mention that the air force gives out speeding tickets to army in the International Zone (which is where we live). I would rather not go on because you never know who will be reading this. Enough said on that subject.
Time goes by fast here at least. I don’t know what I would do if the days drug on here. I tend to sleep more here than I did back home. I like to call it "time travel". Also, video games help pass the time. For the most part everyone here is handling this deployment good. Their has been a few problems with family at home but to my knowledge they have been solved. I am lucky to have a family that supports me. It is nice to know people haven’t forgotten about you.
The weather here is insane. The best way to describe how it feels here was said by Sgt. Ballard, when he said "It feels like when you open the oven door and that rush of hot air blows by you". I think we are averaging around 110 - 120. Dry heat or not that is hot and we haven’t hit the hottest month yet! The sand storms here can get pretty bad too. I reminds me of fog, but the sky is yellow not grey. Some of the sand storms can get pretty bad. We have a huge building that is about 50 meters away from our building and you can’t see it at times. I have had more nose bleeds here than I have in my entire life. I guess it is from the hot air?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home